06 November 2019
On 30 July 2018, the NSW Government announced its Emergency Relief Package to address the immediate needs of farmers and drought-affected communities.
The three major elements of the $500 million Emergency Drought Relief Package are:
- Approximately $190 million for Drought Transport Subsidies
- Approximately $100 million for cutting the cost of farming fees and charges – by waiving Local Land Services rates, waiving fixed water charges in rural and regional areas, and waiving class one agricultural vehicle registration costs, among other initiatives
- $150 million to bolster the Farm Innovation Fund (FIF) infrastructure program.
The package also includes funding for:
- Counselling and mental health
- Critical services in regional communities including transporting water and drought related road upgrades and repairs
- Animal welfare and stock disposal
NSW Government Drought Assistance, visit droughthub.nsw.gov.au